Importance of Brand Differentiation with Jojo Vergara of Balamban Liempo [EP 02]
Apr 11, 2020 • 45 mins
Franchise Market Podcast
Roasted liempo and chicken are Filipinos’ comfort food. As something that can easily be bought alongside the streets, this is considered a booming food business. Today's discussion focuses on the successful venture of Balamban Liempo, a native home brand of roasted liempo and chicken from Cebu.
Its owner, Mr. Jojo Vergara, shared the best practices of Balamban Liempo, being in the business for around 11 years already.
Through the years, Mr. Vergara, together with his wife, has been continuously growing the business that began as one small store at the family's place in Balamban, Cebu, to more than 120 branches nationwide. Today, expanding the business is still part of the business' goals despite the current economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
He provided useful information for all aspiring entrepreneurs who want to own a Balamban Liempo franchise, in particular.
He highlighted the importance of taste as the Unique Selling Point (USP) of his business, and why other food industries should give importance to their USP. Furthermore, he also reiterated how franchising helped the business grow and encouraged others not to be afraid of its concept.
If you are looking for a brand to franchise or seeking an inspiration to venture into franchising, then listen to this episode!
List of questions and topics:
- What was your background before the business?
- What was your driving force to go into business?
- How did you come up with the idea?
- When did you decide to quit your job and focus on the business?
- What was your mission and vision for Balamban Liempo when it started? Is it still the same now, or has it changed over time?
- What challenges did you face when you started the business?
- How did you grow your business?
- When did you decide to go into franchising?
- Did you think about franchising from the start of the business?
- How many branches did you have before your first franchise branch?
- How many branches and employees do you have now?
- Did you hire a franchise consultant for your business?
- What challenges have you faced in franchising your business?
- What qualities are you looking for in a franchisee?
- As of today, how much is your franchise fee?
- Do you have a joint venture or co-ownership program? How does this work?
- How much estimated total investment do I need if I want to franchise Balamban Liempo?
- Do you assist the franchisee in finding a location?
- How long does it take to open a new branch?
- As a business owner, how do you manage to operate still despite people being in quarantine and the closed borders due to COVID-19?
- Do you think the current pandemic will have a serious effect on your business and franchising?
- What is your advice or tips for Filipinos who are about to start a business or just starting a business?
- What is your advice or tips for Filipinos who are looking for a franchise to business?
- What is the future of Balamban Liempo?
Sign up to get notified for new episodes and to get our free ebook.
Download Our FREE Ebook
Becoming A Franchisee
Beginners Guide on Franchising in the Philippines Prepare for your franchising journey, one step at a time! Discover the basics of franchising and start realizing your dream business! This book brings you all the necessary information about franchising and the must-be guide to follow throughout your franchising endeavor.